|THE BEAVER CREEK RANCH CAMPUS
This campus is located outside the city of Sedona in northern Arizona, an international tourist destination that attracts more than four million visitors per year. The area is known around the world for its art galleries and spectacular scenery. Many films and commercials are shot on location here, and Sedona has long been a hotspot for Hollywood celebrities.
Southwestern Academy’s Beaver Creek Ranch is 12 miles away, surrounded by National Forest lands. In this stunning setting, nature provides the ultimate learning laboratory for our full college prep curriculum. History, geology, archaeology, biology, and art lessons are experienced everywhere on campus.
In a rustic ranch setting, the Beaver Creek Ranch campus offers the following boarding options:
- College Preparatory High School (grades 9-12)
- A Postgraduate year
Set on 180 acres, you’ll find a school like no other, accommodating 50 students.
- Events are held in the Rimrock Room,
with its rough-hewn timber ceilings and adobe fireplaces,
decorated with Native American pottery.
- The main study hall is modeled after a “hogan,” or circular family home of the Navajo people.
- Seven stone cottages are set along trout-filled Beaver Creek.
- With T-1 wireless connectivity,
students can do research or email home.
- Separate girls’ and boys’ dormitories are on the hillside.
- A lounge with a huge fireplace is a favorite spot for students to watch movies and DirecTV.
- There are sports fields, an indoor pool, a gymnasium, and horse stables.
- A powerful deep-space viewing telescope is housed on campus.